Thursday 17 May 2012

Thin Lizzy 'Rosalie'

In 1978 I saw this Lizzy video on 'Cheggars Plays Pop' and this started my life long passion for the band. I rushed out and bought what is arguably the best live album ever recorded 'Live & Dangerous' and over the next few years drove my Dad to distraction by playing it at high volume constantly. I was lucky enough to see Thin Lizzy on several occasions the most memorable being in 1979 at Stafford Bingley Hall. It was December 18th, and there was a blizzard blowing and about a foot of snow on the ground. Myself and the other 8,000 fans gathered there were absolutely freezing as we queued outside waiting to go in but once inside and Lizzy hit the stage I was completely blown away......... A simply superb band. Sadly Phil Lynott passed away on January 4th 1986. He was quite simply my hero...........




No comments:

Post a Comment